The Iran Pro League will resume on June 11, the Iran Football League Organisation has announced.
All sports activities in Islamic Republic of Iran were suspended on March 11, following the outbreak of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
The season was halted with nine rounds remaining.
On Saturday, President of the Islamic Republic of Iran Hassan Rouhani said the competition will resume under strict health protocol.
“The football leagues will restart after the holy month of Ramadan but the competitions must be played behind closed doors,” Rouhani said.
Persepolis were leading the standings on 47 points with Sepahan and Tractor 10 behind.
- VAR Ready For Historic AFC Club Competitions Debut Tomorrow
- GWC Announced As Regional Supporter and Official Logistics Provider for FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™
- AFC and AURORA Expand Pioneering Youth Development Programme Across Asia
- AFC Prez Khalifa: The Return Of Asian Competition Offers A Noble Message In The Fight Against COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID Pandemic: Former Iraq International Passes Away