More than 1000 Nepalese fans in Australia have already confirmed their presence at GIO stadium, Canberra to support Nepal against Australia in FIFA world cup round 2 Asian qualifiers.
Many fans have already bought match tickets and have also booked flight/train tickets to Canberra from Sydney and Melbourne.
Santosh Bhattarai, a Nepalese football fan, said it is dream to watch team Nepal in Australia.
"We have a group of 60 people. We are going to Canberra to root our team. I am sure there will be more than 5,000 Nepalese fans in the stadium", said Bhattarai.
Arun Tiwari, former We Are Stars official, told GoalNepal that many Nepalese football fans would go to Canberra from Sydney and Melbourne.
"We are very excited. We will support our team no matter what the result will be", said Tiwari.
FFA has already started selling tickets for the match.
FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ and AFC Asian Cup China 2023™ – Preliminary Joint Qualification Round 2
Thursday, 10 October 2019
GIO Stadium, Canberra
Nepal have been grouped with Australia, Jordan, Kuwait and Chinese Taipei. It will open the campaign taking on Kuwait on September 5 in Kuwait City.
Pic: Cricket Australia
- FIFA World Cup Round 2 Asian Qualifiers: Nepal Vs Kuwait - 18 Days To Go !
- Australia: Nepalese Football Fans Start Buying Tickets For Australia Match
- FIFA World Cup Round 2 Asian Qualifiers: Nepal Vs Kuwait - 19 Days To Go !
- Skipper Biraj Maharjan Dropped; Rohit & Kiran Not Available For Johor Darul Tazim Match
- Coach Johan Kalin Announces 23-member Squad For A Friendly Match Against Johor Darul Tazim
FIFA World Cup Round 2 Asian Qualifiers: Nepal Vs Kuwait On September 5