ANFA said they have completed preparation for Lalit memorial U18 football championship, which will start from June 12 at ANFA complex, Satdobato, Lalitpur.
18 teams are participating in the championship, which has a winning purse of Rs 3 lakh. Runners up team will get Rs 1,50,000.
The tournament is organized to remember late Lalit Krishna Shrestha.
ANFA will also select the best players from the championship for upcoming AFC U19 qualifiers.
Participating teams are: Nepal Army, NPC, APF, Saraswoti Youth club, Machhindra FC, NRT, Lumbini FC, Jawalakhel youth club, Morang FC, Brigade Boys club, Sankata club, Jhapa XI, Chyasal youth, Friends club, Himalayan Sherpa club, MMC, Three Star and Far West XI
Tournament will be played on league-cum-knockout basis. Top two teams from four groups will go through quarterfinals.
Acting general secretary of ANFA, Arun Man Joshi said the estimated budget of the event is Rs 40 lakh.
ANFA has provided Rs 1,50,000 as a preparation cost to all the participating teams. The FA has also provided Rs 50,000 more to the teams outside the valley.
Football fans can watch the matches at ANFA complex. Ticket price is set at Rs 50 and Rs 200.
- Nepal U15 Skipper Pradip Lamsal Joins Minerva Punjab Youth Academy
- Sunsari: ANFA Academy Dharan Wins Title Of ANFA Academy Cup
- Sunsari: Embryo Football Academy, Morang Enters Final Of ANFA Academy Cup
- Kwiks Cup 2019 2nd Round Qualifiers: Mount Everest Plays Stalemate With Mahendra Memorial
- Kwiks Cup Inter School Championship 2nd Round Selection Kicks Off
Japanese Kids Paying Respect To U12 Team From Nepal