Tribhuwan Army FC have lifted the title of the Local-level Martyr's Memorial Makwanpur Gold Cup 2079. Army defeated home side Bijay Youth Club 2-1 in the final to lift the title for th4 second time running. Army had defeated their today's opponent in the last edition of the tournament as well.
Army took the lead in the 15th minute of the match through Bharat Khawas. Tek Bahadur Budhathoki's layoff into the box was brilliantly finished by Khawas.
But BYC equalised just ten minutes later through a penalty. Youdha Shahi's challenge on Bimal Rana inside the box awarded the home side a penalty. And Dona Thapa stepped up to convert the spot-kick and brought the scoreline to 1-1.
Army looked to be on the frontfoot throughout the match and they went in front at the very start of second half. Kamal Bahadur Thapa's left foot strike at Ashok Baral's near-post went in and Army took the lead for the second time in the match.
Just minutes later, Army were awarded a penalty after Ashok Baral fouled Santosh KC. But Dinesh Henjan skied the penalty and threw away the chance to double the lead.
Army will take away fifteen lakh rupees with their title win. Runners-up Bijay Youth Club had to settle for ten lakh rupees.
12 teams including one foreign side contested in the tournament.
- Nepal U17 Selection: 11 Players From Hetauda Football Academy Leave For Kathmandu
- Makwanpur: Bhotey Maila Memorial Stadium Construction Going In Full Flow (With Pictures)
- Hetauda Sub-Metro Allocates 25 Lakhs For Piple Stadium Development
- Ashok Baral Named Player Of The Tournament In Makwanpur Gold Cup
- Makwanpur Gold Cup Final: Home Side Bijay Youth Club vs Tribhuwan Army FC Today
3rd Makwanpur Gold Cup: Makwanpur XI Vs Machhindra Club