Contractors have sped up construction of Pokhara stadium. They said 50% work has been completed.
As per time line, they need to make the stadium ready in 2 months. Nepal government is constructing several sporting facilities at Pokhara stadium for South Asian Games. The event will be played in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
The stadium is a kind of grandstand. They are bringing modular stands from France and will install them very soon. The capacity of the stadium is 15,000.
Indian company, Great Sports Infra and M.A Construction Jawalakhel, Lalitpur are constructing the stadium.
Total budget of the stadium is Nrs 173 crore. This includes football stadium, playing field and track-n-field.
The event was supposed to kick off from Mar 9-18, 2019 but it has already been postponed till December 2019.
- Grandstand Installation Begins At Pokhara Stadium - VIDEO
- Kaski: Indreni Integrated Development Centre Wins Title Of Veterans Championship
- Kaski: LG Association Vs Naya Galli Veterans In The Final Of Desna Chand Memorial Championship
- Dharam Lamichane To Lead Gandaki Province Football Association
- Nepal Police Nabs Dutch Football Coach In Pokhara
Contractors Are In Race Against Time To Make Pokhara Stadium Ready