Ward No. 5 has entered the final of the ongoing Itahari Football Running Cup Ward Level Knockout Football Tournament with a hard-fought victory.
In the first semi-final, they defeated Ward No. 20 5-4 in sudden death and came close to the title. Earlier, both the teams had drawn 1-1 in the scheduled time at Itahari Stadium.
Ward No. 5 took the lead in the 30th minute through a goal by Joshan Rai. But in the 60th minute Suman Limbu equalized for Ward No. 20. Ward No. 5 goalkeeper Dipesh Chaudhary, who saved two penalty shots of the opposition, was declared Man of the Match. He was rewarded with a mobile phone by Itahari Sub-Metropolitan Officer Sanjiv Kumar Khadka.
According to the organizers, the second semi-final game will be played between Ward No. 3 and 16 on Saturday. The winner of the competition organized by Itahari Football Club, Sunsari will get 50,000 rupees including the title and the runner-up will get 30,000 rupees.
The final will be played on December 6.
- Sunsari: Shantinagar FC Into The Semis Of Barahchhetra Gold Cup
- Sunsari: Udaypur Sports Club Into The Quarterfinals Of Barahchhetra Gold Cup
- Hatkhola FC With A Winning Start In Barahchhetra Gold Cup
- Taplejung & Sunsari Register Wins In Province 1 Men's Football Qualifying
- Sunsari: Purbanchal United Into The Quarterfinals Of Sukachar Challenge Cup
Sorry State Of Dharan Stadium