South-West Asian football federation has been formed in Jeddah, Saudi Aravia to create "the largest Asian football tournament in the region".
The members of the new body include Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iraq, Kuwait, Bahrain, Yemen and Oman from the West Asian bloc and India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Maldives from the South Asian bloc.
According to Indian Express, Nepal and Bhutan are not part of the new body. It will reportedly be headed by Saudi Arabian FA chief Adel Ezzat until its first general assembly which will be held after the World Cup.
South Asian Football Federation is already there and it bi-annually organizes SAFF Championship. Bangladesh is hosting the championship in September this year.
SAFF president Kazi Salahuddin was present in the meeting.
Not sure what will happen to SAFF. Will it be absorbed by SWAFF? The officials haven't spoken about this.
- Lalitpur Metro Announces Monetary Support To Teams From Lalitpur; Ruslan TSC To Get More Money
- Ruslan TSC Coach Meghraj KC: Good To Start The Campaign With A Win
- Martyr's Memorial A Division League: Ruslan TSC Beats Friends Club
- Ruslan Three Star Club & Nepal APF To Take Part In 38th Governor’s Gold Cup
- Nepal Army Gaffer Nabin Neupane: This Is Not How We Wanted To Start The Campaign
Lalit Memorial U18 Championship: Three Star Vs Friends