Tribhuvan Army Football Club, which won the Chief Minister Kohalpur Gold Cup title only on Wednesday, has entered the finals of the 1st Birganj Gold Cup International Invitational Knockout Football Tournament held here.
In the second semi-final held on Thursday, Army defeated Sankata Club 1-0 and managed to come close to the second title in a row.
The only goal scored by Ripu Bhulan in the 22nd minute of the match at the Adarshnagar Stadium was decisive for Army to reach the final.
Army will face another departmental team, Nepal Police Football Club, in the final to be held on 25th Kartik. Police have already secured the final place by defeating the host Vetran City Club in the first semi-final held on Wednesday.
The winner of the competition organized by Veteran City Club, Birganj and the main sponsor of Birganj Metropolitan Corporation will receive a cash prize of Rs 11,11,111 and the runner-up will receive Rs 5,55,555.
- ANFA Community Course Concluded At Army Technical Centre
- TAFC Striker Rajiv Gurung Promoted To Warrant Officer Second Class
- Tribhuwan Army FC Bows Out From 132nd Durand Cup
- 132nd Durand Cup: Tribhuwan Army FC Settles For A Draw Against Delhi FC
- 132nd Durand Cup MATCH DAY: Tribhuwan Army FC Vs Delhi FC
5th Jhapa Gold Cup: Tribhuwan Army FC Vs MFC Darjeeling - MATCH HIGHLIGHTS