Syria will play Kuwait in a friendly match in Dubai next month, the Syria Football Association announced on Monday.
Syria FA general secretary Dr. Ibrahim Abazid said the friendly is part of a preparatory camp in the United Arab Emirates on October 5-13, with the friendly scheduled to be played a day before the camp ends.
Head coach Nabil Maaloul recently had a four-week training camp for the Syrian players who ply their trade domestically.
Syria are top of Group A of the Asian Qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 and AFC Asian Cup China 2023.
The Qasioun Eagles have a perfect 15 points, eight ahead of China PR and Philippines, and look set to not only advance to the third round of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 qualifiers but also seal their berth for the AFC Asian Cup China 2023 Finals.
However, they still have three matches to play with Maldives up next and Guam and China to follow. The Asian Qualifiers have been postponed to 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- AFC Slaps USD 7000 Fine To ANFA !
- AFC Club Licensing Task Force Working To Improve Professional Club Standards In Asia
- Four Member Associations Express Interest To host AFC Women’s Asian Cup™ 2026
- Four Nations Express Their Interests In Hosting AFC Asian Cup 2023
- AFC Extends Deadline For Biddings To Host Asian Cup 2023