The kick-off of the 2020-21 UAE Pro League season has been pushed to October.
The UAE Pro League said the decision was made in coordination with the United Arab Emirates Football Association.
"The decision follows consultations and coordination with the relevant UAE authorities," the UAE Pro League said in a statement on social media.
The new fixture dates will be announced at a later date, the statement added.
The 2020-21 season was scheduled to kick off with the UAE League Cup on Thursday with the UAE Pro League starting on September 9.
The 2019-20 season was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- AFC Slaps USD 7000 Fine To ANFA !
- AFC Club Licensing Task Force Working To Improve Professional Club Standards In Asia
- Four Member Associations Express Interest To host AFC Women’s Asian Cup™ 2026
- Four Nations Express Their Interests In Hosting AFC Asian Cup 2023
- AFC Extends Deadline For Biddings To Host Asian Cup 2023