Nepal U18 coach Chet Narayan Shrestha said luck wasn't in their side when they played 1-1 draw against Maldives in the opener of SAFF U18 championship at Nepal APF grounds on Friday.
Nepal dominated the field but had to settle down for a 1-1 draw.
"We adopted an attacking formation but we conceded a goal due to defensive mistake. Honestly, we didn't take them lightly. It was us who didn't play well in the first half. But in second half, we played our best. It's our bad luck that we couldn't convert many goal scoring chances", said Shrestha.
He also talked about Manish Dangi who scored goal for Nepal.
"He seemed under pressure in the first half. I talked with him during break and he played well in the second half", said Shrestha.
Nepal will now take on Bhutan on September 22.
"We will play our best against Bhutan", Shrestha signed off from the post match conference.
- Nepal U19 Striker Dipesh Ale Magar Out From The Field For Three Weeks
- Nepal U19 Plays Stalemate Against Kyrgyz Republic U19
- AFC U19 Championship Qualifiers: Kyrgyz Republic Vs Nepal - WATCH IT LIVE
- AFC U19 Championship Qualifiers: Kyrgyz Republic Vs Nepal Today
- AFC U19 Championship Qualifiers: Nepal Crashes Out After Losing To Iran
Nepal U19 Preparing For AFC U19 Championship Qualifiers