New gold cup football tournament has been announced in Jhapa.
Zion sporting club, Birtamod is organizing the championship - Hamro Purbanchal international gold cup from Ashoj 11-18 at Domalal Rajbanshi memorial grounds.
According to the organizers, the championship has a winning purse of Nrs 12 lakh. Runners up team will get Nrs 6,25,000.
Eight teams including two foreign teams will be participating, club spokesperson Abinash Rai told GoalNepal.
Club president Bhakta Bahadur Bhujel said estimated budget of the event is Nrs 8m.
Jhapa DFA will provide technical assistance to the organizers.
Meanwhile, organizers have appointed former Nepal skipper and Nepal women's team coach Hari Khadka as brand ambassador. The club has provided Nrs 2 lakh to Khadka.
"I would like to thank the club for the honor. I would like to hand over Nrs 1 Lakh to the club for the tournament", said Khadka.
Club secretary Mahendra Pandey expects support from all to make the event successful.
- Hosts Shivasatashi Women's Team Wins Title
- Jhapa: Mechi Netralaya Kakarvitta FTC Wins Title Of Open Football Tournament
- Jhapa Football Club Honors Players For C Division Qualification
- Sainik FC Wins Title Of Jhapa District League
- 1st Birtamod Gold Cup: Purbeli Youth Club Beats Panchayan FC To Clinch The Title
1st Birtamod Gold Cup: Panchayan FC Sunsari Vs Swotantra FC Panchthar