New gold cup football tournament has been announced in Jhapa.
Zion sporting club, Birtamod is organizing the championship - Hamro Purbanchal international gold cup from Ashoj 11-18 at Domalal Rajbanshi memorial grounds.
According to the organizers, the championship has a winning purse of Nrs 12 lakh. Runners up team will get Nrs 6,25,000.
Eight teams including two foreign teams will be participating, club spokesperson Abinash Rai told GoalNepal.
Club president Bhakta Bahadur Bhujel said estimated budget of the event is Nrs 8m.
Jhapa DFA will provide technical assistance to the organizers.
Meanwhile, organizers have appointed former Nepal skipper and Nepal women's team coach Hari Khadka as brand ambassador. The club has provided Nrs 2 lakh to Khadka.
"I would like to thank the club for the honor. I would like to hand over Nrs 1 Lakh to the club for the tournament", said Khadka.
Club secretary Mahendra Pandey expects support from all to make the event successful.
- Jhapa: Schoolchaun FC, Gauradaha Trying To Uplift Grassroots Movement
- ANFA's Senior VP Pankaj Nembang Supports Mechinagar Municipality With Nrs 51,000
- Jhapa: Kankai Women's Team Clinches Title Of Sukhani Martyr Memorial Cup
- Jhapa FC Enters Final Of District Wide 9-A-Side Championship
- Jhapa: Munal FC Enters SFs Of District Wide Championship
JALTHAL FC JHAPA ENTERS SFs 2nd BHAGIMAN MEMORIAL CUP