Sukhani martyr memorial women's football championship got underway at Arjundhara, Jhapa on Friday.
Parijat women's team, Jhapa defeated Dhankuta DFA women's team 4-0 in the opener. Samrachana Shrestha scored a hat trick while Samjhana Lawati scored another for the winners.
Hattrick heroine Shrestha became the player of the match and received Nrs 2,000.
Earlier sports minister Jagat Bishwokarma inaugurated the championship, which has a winning purse of Nrs 1 lakh.
Minister Bishwokarma also wished good luck to Nepal women's team, which is setting up a camp in Jhapa for 4-nation international women's championship.
- Jhapa Referee Association Supports Referee Santosh Chaudhary With NRs 50,000
- Jhapa DFA Provides COVID Relief To Players
- Jhapa: Schoolchaun FC, Gauradaha Trying To Uplift Grassroots Movement
- ANFA's Senior VP Pankaj Nembang Supports Mechinagar Municipality With Nrs 51,000
- Jhapa: Kankai Women's Team Clinches Title Of Sukhani Martyr Memorial Cup
JALTHAL FC JHAPA ENTERS SFs 2nd BHAGIMAN MEMORIAL CUP