Nepal national team defeated Avenir FC, Cameroon 4-1 in the friendly played at the Dasharath Stadium today.
In a friendly game played behind closed doors at the Dasharath Stadium, Nepal registered the first win against the African side for the first time in three matches.
Nepal won thanks to two goals from George Prince Karki and one goal apiece from Darshan Gurung and Manish Dangi.
The previous two matches between the teams had ended goalless.
The Nepali team again featured many new faces after 17 new players were called up after the recent fiasco involving 10 players leaving the closed camp after disagreements with the head coach Abdullah Almutairi.
The national team is currently in closed camp preparing for the AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers. Nepal has been placed in Group A of the qualifiers alongside Jordan, Kuwait, and Indonesia. Nepal's first match is against Jordan on June 8, followed by a match against Kuwait on June 11. On June 14, Nepal will face Indonesia in the final group match.
Kuwait will host all of the matches in Group A. The top-placed teams in each group and the five best runners-up will qualify for the Asian Cup in China.
Nepal is also scheduled to play two friendlies against Afghanistan on May 25 and 29.
- Avenir FC Defeats Nepal National Team In A Friendly
- Indian Army (Red) GK Bhabindra Malla Thakuri Leaves National Team Closed Camp
- Nepal Plays Yet Another Goalless Draw Against Avenir FC, Cameroon
- Nepal To Play Against Avenir FC, Cameroon Today Behind Closed Doors
- ANFA To Form Investigation Committee For Players-Coach Dispute