In March, Nepal's famed Jhapa Gold Cup will have its fifth edition. Jhapa Gold Cup, the event's organizer, has already begun planning.
The Gold Cup working committee resolved today (Monday) in Birtamod to hold the fifth edition of the Jhapa Gold Cup two years after the fourth edition. The tournament could not be held in the previous two years due to the Covid pandemic.
The Jhapa Gold Cup is being hosted with the goal of strengthening Jhapa district as a football hub, as it is the district with the largest football activities outside of Kathmandu.
Despite the fact that the meeting advocated holding the competition from March 5 to 14, the date will be decided in agreement with the All Nepal Football Association (ANFA). Jal Kumar Gurung, the designer of the Gold Cup, has been assigned complete responsibility for this consultation.
The winning squad in the Gold Cup will receive Rs. 12,55,000 in cash, while the runner-up will receive Rs. 6,05,000.
Ten teams, including the organizer Jhapa 11 Football Club, as well as teams from Nepal and other nations, will compete at Jhapa Birtamod's Domalal Rajbanshi Stadium. Binod Basnet, the chairman of the Gold Cup, presided over the meeting.
- Former NPC Player Parbat Pandey Supports 'Save Prem Subba' campaign
- Jhapa: Ward No 1 Lift Haldinari Inter-Ward Tournament
- Jhapa: Ward No 1 Lift The Title Of Haldibari Inter-Ward Tournament
- Jhapa Veterans Club Calls For Financial Aid To Senior Player Prem Subba
- Shyam Danuwar Elected President Of JHAPA Referee Association
JALTHAL FC JHAPA ENTERS SFs 2nd BHAGIMAN MEMORIAL CUP