Toothless Nepal has gone 0-2 down to low-ranked Bangladesh in the first friendly match played at Bangabandhu stadium on Friday.
Ziban (10') and Mahubur Rahman (80') scored apiece for the hosts to ensure a deserving win in front of surprising 7,000 fans.
Bangladesh started the game in a cautious note but they managed to open the firing early in 10th minute. Poor Nepalese defense line was exposed when unmarked Ziban nicely placed the ball in, giving choke to goalie Kiran Chemjong.
Nepal controlled the ball possession for most of the time but goal counts in the game. Despite their ball control, they were unable to create panic in Bangladeshi defense line. Bangladesh goalie was hardly tested.
Second goal that Bangladesh scored was largely to be blamed for the defense line, again. A combo of Ajit Bhandari and Ananta Tamang failed to mark advancing Rahman, who nicely placed the ball into the net from close range.
It is definitely important to mention that Nepal were playing without eight players, among them five were regulars. Seven players are infected with coronavirus whereas another one is injured.
Second friendly match will be played on November 17, 2020.
- Udayapur: Panchakanya FC Goes Atop Of Belaka Champions League
- Udayapur: Sunakhari FC Beats Samyukta FC In Belaka Champions League
- Udayapur: Buddha Ekata FC Moves Top Of Belaka Champions League
- Udayapur: Chilaiya FC & Yalamber FC Register Win In Belaka Champions League
- Udayapur: Nawajyoti FC Beats Belaka Football Academy In Belaka Champions League
6th Rumpum Udayapur Gold Cup: Gorkha Boys Rupandehi Enters Final