The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) President Shaikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa, will chair the 30th AFC Congress, which will be held online for the first time, on Wednesday, December 9, 2020.
Shaikh Salman explained that the AFC Congress is the perfect stage to show Asian Football family unity, which has allowed the AFC to continue its development and work even during the most uncertain times and allowed the building of partnerships.
The AFC President stressed that the AFC worked continually during the global pandemic, which reflects the stability and strength of the organisation as they managed the need to postpone and cancel tournaments and events.
He also explained that Asia has successfully faced a difficult challenge, through cooperation and strategic planning and prioritisation. All stakeholders were involved in the process of decision making, through the continuation of the work and meetings which had allowed the successful delivery of the AFC Champions League 2020.
"I feel proud of Asian unity and solidarity and the hard work of our Member Associations as we have battled the biggest challenge we have faced, and our success demonstrates our determination to achieve our common goals," said Shaikh Salman.
"We, in Asia, will continue facing all the challenges, and participate in creating further success to allow the future development of the game."
- AFC Executive Committee Reiterates Commitment To Deliver 2021 Competitions
- AFC Cup Qualifiers: Tribhuwan Army FC Vs Sri Lanka Police Today
- Shaikh Salman Sends Best Wishes To Qatar & Asian Teams In FIFA Club World Cup
- AFC President Congratulates Son Heung-min On Winning FIFA Puskás Award
- Nepal Vs Australia FIFA World Cup Qualifiers Match CONFIRMED!