The Lebanese football season will kick off with the Elite Cup on August 22, the Lebanese Football Association (LFA) announced on Wednesday.
The announcement comes just two weeks after football activities were halted in the West Asian country due to a spike in COVID-19 cases.
The LFA had stated in June that the Lebanese Football League would kick off in September.
The Elite Cup, along with the Challenge Cup, will be the curtain raiser for the new season while the postponed youth competitions will resumed as well.
- AFC President confident Asian football Will Emerge Stronger In 2021
- Two years to go: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ Countdown Draws Closer
- AFC Competitions Committee Approves New Competition Dates
- AFC Technical Committee Approves enhanced Grassroots Charter and Elite Youth Scheme
- AFC Reiterates Commitment To Expand The Impact Of Fan-first Strategy