Nepal defeated higher ranked Chinese Taipei 2-0 in FIFA World Cup round 2 Qualifiers.
Anjan Bista scored both goals for Nepal.
Nepal started the match ins 4-5-1 team formation with Bimal Gharti Magar as a lone striker. Team started the match with good tempo.
They scored the opener in 5th minute through Anjan Bista. He sliced the ball home utilizing a free kick taken by Sujal Shrestha.
In 64th minute, Nepal made a fantastic move. Ravi Paswan sent a good cross to Sujal Shrestha, he set up a pass to Bista who powerfully volleyed the ball home to make the score line 2-0.
Nepal have gathered three points in two matches. There are Kuwait, Jordan, Australia and Chinese Taipei in the group.
Nepal will now travel to Canberra, Australia to take on mighty world cupper. The match is slated for October 10.
- Former Nepal International GK Bikash Malla Appointed National Team GK Coach
- Nepal National Players Start Qurantine Life In Kathmandu
- Orthoplast Rehab Centre Launches Sports Injury Centre; Kiran Chemjong Is Their Brand Ambassador
- Nepal International Abhisek Rijal Endorses Vision Concern
- Nepal U19 International Manish Dangi Playing For Pocheon FC U18
Regular Maintainance At Dasharath Stadium