ANFA U21 defeated Nagaland 4-1 in an academic match of Dr. T.AO North East International NEC U-21 Gold Cup at LNIPE sports complex, Sonapur, India on Monday.
Rejin Subba(2',63') and Abhisek Rijal(29', 74') scored brace each for ANFA U21.
Miliu Midi(15') scored a consolation goal for Nagaland.
ANFA U21 defender Rajan Gurung and Nagaland midfielder Miliu Midi were red carded in the 77th minute for being involved in a brawl.
Abhisekh Rijal has been adjudged the man of the match for the third time in a row.
ANFA U21 are grouped with Nagaland, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur and Tripura in group B.
Mizoram and Meghalaya have advanced to the next round from the group.
Earlier, ANFA U21 suffered defeat at the hands of Meghalaya 3-2 in their first match and thrashed Tripura in the second match, won 3-1 against Manipur and lost 3-0 to Mizoram.
A total of 11 teams; each team from Nepal, Bhutan and Bangladesh and eight teams from North East states of India; are competing in the tournament.
- Australia: Jagjeet Shrestha Joins NPL Side Para Hills Knights
- Hong Kong Born Nepalese Attacker Sneha Limbu: I Want To Play For FC Barcelona Or Any Top Club In The World
- USA: Louisville Rising Stars Vs Pathari FC In The Final Of Friendly Tournament; LIVE On GoalNepal
- USA: Dallas Gurkhas Organizing Solidarity Cup 2020
- Former Nepal International Ranjit Shrestha Says He's Recovering From COVID19 Infection