News Nepal U16 Coach Ganga Gurung: Players Become Hopeless After Conceding Quick Early Goals
Nepal U16 women's team coach Ganga Gurung said her players became hopeless against Myanmar after conceding two quick goals early on.
Nepal suffered a humiliating 11-1 defeat at the hands of Myanmar in AFC U16 group E qualifiers. With two defeats, Nepal are crashed out from the qualifiers but will play against Malaysia in an academic match on Sunday.
"We lacked match experience. Myanmar is very strong team. I told my players to play tight game. But They became hopeless after conceding quick goals early on", said Gurung, former Nepal international.
"I changed team formation from 4-4-2 to 4-1-4-1 and players looked confused. We played better in second half", she added.
Goal Nepal Shop More
- ANFA Calls Cup 28 U17 Players For Upcoming UEFA Assist U17 Championship
- Sujata Tamang Named Best Goalkeeper In SAFF U-15 Women's Championship
- Nepal Crowned U-15 Women's SAFF Champions
- Nepal Topple Bangladesh To Register Second Win In U-15 Women's SAFF
- ANFA To Select U15 Girls National Team From Open Trial