Croatian-born German coach Petar Segrt has recently been appointed as head coach of Maldives’ national football team.
Former Afghanistan and Georgia coach Segrt signed a two year deal with Maldives.
51 years old Petar Segrt started his senior career in 1984 playing for FV Calw. He also played for FV Plochingen, TSV Schweickheim, SV Allmersbach, FC Walldorf and SV Waldhof Mannheim A.
Petar Segrt has UEFA Pro Licence. He graduated for UEFA ‘B’ Coaching Licence in November, 1993 in Ruit, Germany, for UEFA ‘A’ Coaching Licence in July, 1995 in Hennef, Germany, and for UEFA Pro Licence Petar Segrt graduated in October, 2001 in Koln, Germany.
Meanwhile, Maldives has lined up Singapore friendly match ahead of Bhutan match in AFC Asian cup 2019 qualification.
Bhutan also recently signed former Hull City assistant coach Trevor Morgan on 2-yr deal.
SAARC countries will meet in SAFF Championship in September this year in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Abhisek Rijal's Mohameddan Sporting Club Secures I-League Berth
- South Asia: Kazi Salahuddin Re-elected President Of Bangladesh FF
- Bassam Adheel Re-elected The President Of Football Association of Maldives
- COVID Pandemic: Bhutan FA Starts Training
- Chinese Taipei, India & Uzbekistan Express Interest In Hosting AFC Women’s Asian Cup 2022