Hosts East Star Sporting Club, Madhumalla, Morang has entered the final of the first Madhumalla Gold Cup International Invitational Football Tournament.
In the first semi-final held on Tuesday, East Star defeated UK FC India 2-1 and came close to the title. In the match played at the Manohar Janata Ma.Vi. ground, the organizers took the lead through a goal by Amir Shrestha in the second minute of the match. That lead lasted until the first half.
Meanwhile, Saurav Tamang scored for UK FC in the 56th minute of the second half to level the match. However, in the 71st minute of the match, Milan Rai scored the second and decisive goal for the hosts East Star.
The second semi-final of the tournament will be played between Jalthal FC, Jhapa and Bijaya Youth Club, Hetauda on Wednesday.
The winner of the competition will get Rs 3,03,333 including the title while the runner-up will get Rs 1,50,555, said the organizers.
- Morang: Bijaya Youth, Hetauda Crowned Madhumalla Gold Cup Champions
- Morang: Bijaya Youth, Hetauda Into The Final Of Madhumalla Gold Cup
- Morang, Dolakha & Dhading District Football Association Elections Completed Today
- Morang: Madhumalla Gold Cup From April 15
- Morang: Pathari 11 Into The Final Of Mangalbare Shukrabare Open Knockout Tournament
6th Rumpum Udayapur Gold Cup: Morang Stuns Nepal Police - MATCH HIGHLIGHTS