APF Football Club have made a winning start in the National Women's League. In the opening match held in Chitwan today, APF defeated Tribhuwan Army FC 2-1 with a comeback to get all three points.
Renuka Nagarkoti and Anita Basnet scored the goals for APF. Rashmi Kumari Ghising of Army had given them the lead through a penalty early on.
Along with the win, APF have got a huge boost with the comeback of prolific striker Sabitra Bhandari "Samba" after 13 months on the sidelines.
In Friday's matches, Chandrapur Municipality and Lalitpur Metropolitan City will face each other at 1:15 PM and Biratnagar Metropolitan City and Nepal Police Club will face each other at 4:15 PM.
APF Club, Tribhuwan Army Club, Nepal Police Club, Biratnagar Metropolitan City, Waling Municipality, Chandrapur Municipality, Dhangadhi Sub-Metropolitan City and Lalitpur Metropolitan City are participating in the league.
- ANFA Calls Up 40 Players For Closed Camp For Asian Games Women's Football
- Nepal Forward Sharmila Magar Leaves For UN Peace Mission
- Nepal Police Club Crowned National Chief Minister BYC Women's Gold Cup Champions
- Suman Aryal Awarded With The Player Of The Year Award By Tribhuwan Army
- Taplejung Win Women's Football Title At Atharai Madan Mela
5th Jhapa Gold Cup: Tribhuwan Army FC Vs MFC Darjeeling - MATCH HIGHLIGHTS