Contractors have sped up construction of Pokhara stadium. They said 50% work has been completed.
As per time line, they need to make the stadium ready in 2 months. Nepal government is constructing several sporting facilities at Pokhara stadium for South Asian Games. The event will be played in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
The stadium is a kind of grandstand. They are bringing modular stands from France and will install them very soon. The capacity of the stadium is 15,000.
Indian company, Great Sports Infra and M.A Construction Jawalakhel, Lalitpur are constructing the stadium.
Total budget of the stadium is Nrs 173 crore. This includes football stadium, playing field and track-n-field.
The event was supposed to kick off from Mar 9-18, 2019 but it has already been postponed till December 2019.
- Kaski: 5th Mero Nepal Cup Kicks Off In Pokhara
- Sahara Australia Hands Over Nrs 77,610 To Sahara Club Pokhara
- Kaski: 1st Dhikurpokhari Dashain Mela 7-A-Side From Ashoj 14
- Kaski: Mero Nepal Yuwa Club Organizing Open 7-A-Side Championship
- Manish Dangi Scores A Brace As Nepal U18 Beats Kaski League Champions In A Friendly
Pokhara Stadium Is Under Construction