Asian Football Confederation (AFC) President Shaikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa has sent his best wishes and a swift recovery to FIFA President Gianni Infantino after the world governing body confirmed in a statement on Tuesday that its President had tested positive for COVID-19.
The AFC President said: “On behalf of the AFC and the entire Asian football family, I would like to wish the FIFA President Gianni Infantino a speedy and successful recovery.”
Shaikh Salman also expressed his confidence in the FIFA President’s ability to successfully overcome the virus while emphasising on the importance of focusing on his health and well-being in the coming days and weeks.
He added: “I am sure that you will soon be back in your office working tirelessly for the good of football but in the coming days your priority must be your health and wellbeing and the welfare of all those close and dear to you.
“You have the support and prayers of the whole of Asian football and we know that you have great strength of character and the necessary determination to defeat this opponent.
“Again, the football family not only in Asia but also across the world, sends its very best wishes for a rapid and complete recovery.”
The thoughts and well wishes of the AFC and the rest of the Asian football community are with the FIFA President.
- Proposals For Additional Substitution Trials In Cases Of Suspected Concussion Supported By The IFAB’s Advisory Panels
- FIFA Steps Up Protection Of Female Players & Football coaches
- The Best FIFA Football Awards™ 2020 to be held on 17 December
- FIFA Secretary General Inducted Into International Women’s Forum Hall of Fame
- FIFA World Cup 2022™ First Sustainability Progress Report Published