Following a series of constructive discussions with its Member Associations (MA), Leagues and Clubs, the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) has now produced a calendar for concluding the National Team, Club and Futsal Competitions in 2020.
The AFC’s National Team and Club competitions as well as the AFC Futsal Championship planned for Turkmenistan have been postponed since February and March but, thanks to the support of the Members, Leagues and Clubs, there is a determination to finish the competitions this year.
Dato’ Windsor John, the AFC General Secretary, said: “The AFC Administration has been in constant dialogue with our MAs, Leagues and Clubs in recent weeks so that we can establish a clear picture of the opportunities that exist in each MA.
“During those discussions which began in Kuala Lumpur, Doha, Dubai and Delhi in February and March, and have continued online ever since, we have looked to agree a calendar of matches that will allow us to complete both the club competitions and centralised tournaments in 2020.”
The Asian Qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 and AFC Asian Cup China 2023 Second Round, which were postponed from March, June and September, have already been rearranged for October and November 2020.
The AFC will also look to conclude the age-group National Team and Futsal tournaments in 2020 with the new schedule involving:
* AFC U-19 Championship Uzbekistan – October 14 to 31, 2020
* AFC Futsal Championship Turkmenistan – November 4 to15, 2020.
* AFC U-16 Championship Bahrain – November 25 to December 12, 2020.
* AFC Futsal Club Championship United Arab Emirates – December 2 to 13, 2020.
- GWC Announced As Regional Supporter and Official Logistics Provider for FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™
- AFC and AURORA Expand Pioneering Youth Development Programme Across Asia
- AFC Prez Khalifa: The Return Of Asian Competition Offers A Noble Message In The Fight Against COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID Pandemic: Former Iraq International Passes Away
- Asian Football: Football Resumes In Thailand and Vietnam