Reigning AFC Asian Cup champions Qatar got their summer training camp off to a start with the entire squad undergoing COVID-19 tests.
Head coach coach Felix Sanchez has called up 34 players for the training camp which started on Friday and ends on July 3.
Qatar Football Association said the players and coaching staff will strictly adhere to medical protocols outlined by the Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) during the camp.
The camp is the first for the Qatar national squad since all sporting activities were halted because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The training camp is to prepare Qatar for the Asian Qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 and AFC Asian Cup China 2023, which are expected to be resume in October.
Reigning AFC Asian Cup champions Qatar lead Group E with 13 points with three matches left to play. Second-placed Oman are one point behind.
- VAR Ready For Historic AFC Club Competitions Debut Tomorrow
- GWC Announced As Regional Supporter and Official Logistics Provider for FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™
- AFC and AURORA Expand Pioneering Youth Development Programme Across Asia
- AFC Prez Khalifa: The Return Of Asian Competition Offers A Noble Message In The Fight Against COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID Pandemic: Former Iraq International Passes Away