Doha: The Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy and Qatar Foundation have announced that the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 stadium located in Education City has been completed on schedule.
It is the third tournament-ready venue for Qatar 2022 to be completed, following the successful redevelopment of Khalifa International Stadium in 2017 and the inauguration of Al Janoub Stadium in 2019.
The 45,350-capacity Education City Stadium completion will be marked on June 15 with a live programme which will celebrate the contribution of frontline workers during the coronavirus pandemic.
The show will also discuss the future of sport, mental health and fan experience in a post-COVID-19 world.
Ras Abu Aboud Stadium, Al Bayt Stadium, Al Rayyan Stadium, Al Thumama Stadium and Lusail Stadium are the other venues for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.
Source: The Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy
- AFC President Congratulates Son Heung-min On Winning FIFA Puskás Award
- Nepal Vs Australia FIFA World Cup Qualifiers Match CONFIRMED!
- AFC Congress Held Online; Nothern Mariana Islands Become 47th Full Member Association
- 30th AFC Congress Today; Being Held Online For The First Time
- AFC Pays Tribute To Footballing Legend Maradona