Following a thorough assessment of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent recommendations made by the FIFA-Confederations COVID-19 Working Group, the Bureau of the FIFA Council has taken the following decisions in relation to FIFA events:
FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup Costa Rica/Panama 2020: 20 January – 6 February 2021 (tournament to keep original eligibility criteria: players born on or after 1 January 2000 and on or before 31 December 2004);
FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2020: 17 February – 7 March 2021 (tournament to keep original eligibility criteria: players born on or after 1 January 2003 and on or before 31 December 2005);
FIFA Futsal World Cup Lithuania 2020: 12 September – 3 October 2021;
To hold the 70th FIFA Congress, which was originally due to take place in Addis Ababa, as an online event on 18 September 2020.
FIFA said further details on FIFA’s events in 2020 will be communicated in due course.
- FIFA Concludes FIFA World Cup 2026™ Candidate Host City Workshops
- Australia and New Zealand Selected As Hosts Of FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023™
- Footballers Amplify Call To End Racism, Violence And Discrimination
- FIFA Prez Infantino: Route Back To The Stadiums For Spectators Will Need To Be Managed
- Kaski: FIFA Supporting ANFA To Construct Multipurpose Technical Centre In Pokhara