Coach Pradip Humagain has given up Nepalese citizenship. He has now become an American citizen.
Humagain told GoalNepal about the switch on Sunday as he thought it was necessary to inform Nepalese football fans.
"United States gave me everything. They recognized my soccer abilities and awarded me the citizenship (after fulfuling all criteria). I have nothing to say wrong about Nepal and Nepalese football. I am now an American coach", said Humagain from USA.
He admitted that he had expected some coaching role in Nepal.
"Honestly, I was expecting some coaching role in Nepal. I even asked for volunteer coaching job but I wasn't given any opportunity. Switching citizenship is definitely an emotional move but it's about career so I have to move on", he added.
"I have full respect for Nepal and Nepalese football. I will be happy to coach Nepalese club or national team in coming years", concluded Humagain, who now coaches an academy team in Pennsylvania.
- ANFA Creates Jobs For AFC Licensed Coaches !
- ANFA Meets With Nepal APF & Nepal Police To Discuss About Development Of The Game
- ANFA Holds Webinar About Club Licensing With A Division Clubs
- ANFA Webinar Reviews Online Reporting System
- ANFA Conducting Various Coaching Courses But Taking Certain Charge
Latest Update From Dasharath Stadium