Nepal has failed to take "Thimphu" advantage as they suffered 1-0 defeat to Kuwait in FIFA World cup round 2 qualifiers.
Nepal strategically moved to Thimpu after AFC rejected their proposal of hosting the match at Dasharath stadium. ANFA thought Kuwaiti would struggle in cold weather and high elevation. But that didn't stop Kuwaitis from winning the match 1-0.
Badar Al Mantawa struck a superb goal in 28th minute.
Kuwaitis definitely struggled in high elevation but Nepal couldn't take advantage of it. Gorkhalis had three clear goal scoring chances in the match but they squandered those chances.
Kuwait have ten points from five match and is staying in second position behind Australia (12 points). Jordan are in third position and Nepal have just three points from five matches. They will now play three matches early next year.
Nepal will play against Australia, Chinese Taipei and Jordan at Dasharath stadium.
- FIFA World Cup Qualifiers: Nepal's Home Matches - Two In October & Another In November
- Abhisek Rijal: We Need To Remain Positive During These Times Of Uncertainty
- ANFA Starts Prep For Upcoming Qualifiers Through Webinar
- Dasharath Stadium Gets Regular Maintenance During COVID Lockdown (VIDEO)
- Can ANFA & Nepal Internationals Take Advantage Of New Rule In Indian Super League ?
Regular Maintainance At Dasharath Stadium