Charge’ d’Affaires a.i. at Nepal Embassy Australia, Ms. Durapada Sapkota attended the press meet jointly organized by the ACT government and the football federation Australia on Monday.
The meet was also attended by the ACT Deputy Chief Minister Ms. Yvette Berry MLA, Mr. Luke Casserly, Head of National Performance, Football Federation Australia and former Caltex Socceroos Captain Mr. Matt Mckay.
Ms. Sapkota informed the press that team Nepal and the Nepali community in Australia are excited to meet Australia in FIFA World Cup round 2 Asian qualifiers. The match will be played at Gio stadium, Canberra on October 10.
"Yes, we are very excited. Not only Nepalese communities in Australia, players back home are also excited. We understand it is not easy to play a team which has already played the world cup. It's first time team Nepal is playing against Australia. We hope Nepalese community will be here (in Canberra) to support the team", said Sapkota.
Nepal are grouped with mighty Australia, Jordan, Kuwait and Chinese Taipei.
It will open the campaign taking on Kuwait in Kuwait city on September 5. It will then travel to Chinese Taipei to play second match of the campaign five days later.
- FIFA World Cup Round 2 Asian Qualifiers: Nepal Vs Kuwait - 18 Days To Go !
- Australia: Nepalese Football Fans Start Buying Tickets For Australia Match
- FIFA World Cup Round 2 Asian Qualifiers: Nepal Vs Kuwait - 19 Days To Go !
- Skipper Biraj Maharjan Dropped; Rohit & Kiran Not Available For Johor Darul Tazim Match
- Coach Johan Kalin Announces 23-member Squad For A Friendly Match Against Johor Darul Tazim
FIFA World Cup Round 2 Asian Qualifiers: Nepal Vs Kuwait On September 5