Nepal national team physiotherapist and athletic trainer, Bibek Bikrant Adhikari has clarified that star striker Bimal Gharti Magar is not in the team due to injury.
ANFA didn’t mention the reason in the release why Bimal Gharti Magar and Bharat Khawas were out of the squad.
When contacted, Physio Adhikari said, “Bimal has hardly trained with the team for 10 days because of his paper work for Maldives. And recently a day before he pulled his hamstring so he won't be able to play in the coming friendlies”.
"Regarding Bharat, he has torn his MCL - that is of 1st grade we call. So he will rest for few days. We want them for upcoming world cup qualifiers", added Adhikari.
Goalkeepers: Kiran Chemjong, Alan Neupane, Bikesh Kuthu
Defenders: Biraj Maharjan, Saroj Dahal, Rajeen Dhimal, Suman Aryal, Ananta Tamang, Ajit Bhandari, Devendra Tamang, Ravi Silwal
Midfielders: Sunil Bal, Ravi Paswan, Sujal Shrestha, Bishal Rai, Rohit Chand, Bikram Lama, Santosh Tamang, Tej Tamang
FWs: Bimal Rana, Nawayug Shrestha, Abishek Rijal, Anjan Bista.
Nepal will play two away matches in June. First they will play against Malaysia on June 2 and play against Chinese Taipei on June 6.
- Nepal Steps Four Position Down To 165 In FIFA World Ranking
- 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualification Round Two Draw In July
- Team Nepal Returning Home Today
- 30 Nepalese Students Deserve Round Of Applause For Supporting Gorkhali In Kaohsiung
- Nepal Coach Johan Kalin: My Boys Showed Character Against Chinese Taipei
Nepal Midfielder Bishal Rai Says New Players Will Do Good