Nepal international Anu Lama voluntarily retitred from national team after failing to make a spot for SAFF women's championship.
Lama moved to media to express her frustration against ANFA. But that didn't deter ANFA to honor one of the most successful women players in Nepal - Anu Lama.
Nepal APF striker Lama has donned national shirt for more than a decade and has scored 35 international goals for Nepal.
On Sunday, she was honored with Nrs 15 lakh for her service to Nepalese football.
"I will deposit this money in bank. I am planning to construct a small house in Rautahat with given money. I am thankful to ANFA, my friends, family and fans", said Lama.
ANFA also honored former international Jumanu Rai with same amount for his service to Nepalese football.
- Kathmandu: Deputy Mayor Cup Inter-Municipality Women's Football Tournament Kicks Off
- Nepal Government Separates Nrs 1 Crore For Mofassal Football Tournaments
- ANFA Appoints Coaches For Various Teams; Bal Gopal Maharjan, Hari Khadka To Lead Teams For SAG
- ANFA's Head Of International Relations Resigns From The Post
- Dharan Welcomes Future Nepal Internationals To Its Academy
New Look Of Dasharath Stadium - VIDEO