Nepal Army coach Nabin Neupane said they adopted defensive strategy after taking lead against Nepal Police to win the Pulsar A Division league match on Friday.
Tek Bahadur Budhathoki scored the match winning goal in 30th minute.
"After taking lead, we changed the strategy. We adopted defensive strategy and relied on counter moves but we couldn't properly stick to our plan. Midfielders couldn't do good job", said Neupane.
Nepal Police dominated the play but failed to change the score line.
Coach Neipane also revealed that Nawayug Shrestha was injured.
"He is not 100% fit so we didn't want to take risk. Now we will miss Bharat Khawas next match due to two yellow cards. I think referees are flashing cards unnecessarily", added Neupane.
NPC coach Ananta Raj Thapa appreciated his boys though they lost the match.
"I would like to appreciate my boys for playing the game in same pace. We tried to come back but we couldn't score. We will improve next match", said Thapa.
- 3rd Chandragiri Gold Cup: BBC Stuns Nepal Army To Enter SFs
- Want To Play For Nepal Army In U18 Lalit Memorial Cup?
- CMS Bharatpur Gold Cup: Hosts Chitwan XI Stuns Nepal Army To Enter SFs
- Nepal Police Club Wins Title Of 4th Mechinagar Gold Cup
- 4th Mechingar Gold Cup FINAL: Nepal Police Club Vs Nepal Army - Who Will Win The Title ?
2nd Nuwakot Gold Cup: Sankata Club Vs Nepal Army - MATCH HIGHLIGHTS