RoundGlass Punjab FC, the team of Nepal's number one goalkeeper Kiran Chemjong, playing in India's I-League, have maintained a good start to their season with yet another win.
In their ninth game in the league, Punjab registered their sixth win of the season, defeating Neroca FC 3-1 on Sunday.
Luca Majcen scored the first goal for Punjab in the 12th minute of the game. Three minutes later, Brendon Vanlalremdika doubled that lead. On the other hand, in the 44th minute, Yumnam Singh scored for Neroca and tried to bring the team back into the game, but was unsuccessful. In the 77th minute of the game, Krishanand Singh scored the third goal for Punjab and confirmed the team's best victory.
After this win, Punjab have scored 20 points from nine games and are in second place and two points behind the leaders Srinidhi Deccan. However, Punjab have played one game less. On the other hand, defeated Neroca are in 11th place with seven points from 10 games. Punjab will play against Kenkre next Saturday.
The winners of this season of the I-League will get promoted to next season's Indian Super League.
- Nepali Origin Danish Player Sashwant Rana Makes Debut For Malmo FF
- SAMBA Continues To Play In Later Half For Guingamp
- Kuwait: Purbeli Tiger FC Wins Title Of 1st Al Mulla Exchange Sarokar Gold Cup
- Canada: Brotherhood Nepalese Sports Club Taking Part In Nabizada Memorial Cup
- Kuwait: 1st Al Mulla Exchange Sarokar Gold Cup On February 16
Kiran Chemjong's Minerva Punjab FC Vs East Bengal Match Highlights