FIFA President Gianni Infantino recently announced his intention to stand for re-election in 2023 and Shaikh Salman wholeheartedly welcomed the bid.
“The AFC and the Asian football family welcome President Infantino’s re-election bid and I can assure him today that we will stand united behind his candidature.
“President Infantino has provided inspirational leadership to Asian and world football at a time of deep crisis and we are grateful to him for his steadfast support to the Asian football family,” said the AFC President in the recently held exco-meeting.
- The AFC Executive Committee ratified the AFC Development Committee’s decision to introduce the new Advantage Programme, which will serve as an annual fund to assist the eligible AFC beneficiary MAs in the hiring of qualified coaches, technical experts and support technical development programmes.
- Similarly, the AFC Executive Committee also ratified the AFC Development Committee’s decision to launch the new Extra-Time Programme – an annual fund to assist the eligible AFC beneficiary MAs in meeting their ad-hoc and impromptu needs which support their development objectives.
- The AFC Executive Committee ratified the AFC Futsal and Beach Soccer Committee’s decision to cancel the AFC Futsal Club Championship 2022™ after the withdrawal of the United Arab Emirates as host of the competition.
- The AFC Executive Committee also agreed that the 33rd AFC Congress will be held on February 1 and 2, 2023, in Bahrain with further details to be communicated once finalised.
- AFC Invites Biddings For Hosting Asian Cup 2023 After China Backs Out
- Gianni Infantino Praises The Success Of Asian Football
- AFC U-17 & U-20 Asian Cup Draws Later This Month
- AFC Asian Cup 2023: China Bows Out Of Hosting Rights
- China Complete A Sensational Comeback To Lift AFC Women's Asian Cup Title