Sabitra Bhandari 'Samba', Nepal and APF FC's prolific forward has made her comeback in the opening match of the National Women's League today against Tribhuwan Army FC. She made her comeback aftet more than 13 months on the sidelines.
She spent more than seven months in Aspetar, Qatar, undergoing rehabilitation after an operation on her knee last July.
She tore her anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in a National Women's League match against Nepal Police Club last February after an awkward landing, and has been out for a year.
Her rehabilitation was aided by the Qatar FA who have been helping some Nepali players who have suffered big injuries with their rehabilitation. Bimal Gharti Magar, Nepal men's team's prolific forward had also spent some time in Qatar after his injury and has already made his return to the national team.
Bhandari has been an established name in the Nepal national women's team racking up a record 38 goals for the country. Former Gokulam Kerala FC striker is also a league champion in India.
- Nepal U17 Final Squad Announced For SAFF U17 Championship
- Nepal U20 Women's Team Off To Palestine
- Nepal U20 Women's Team Squad Announced For AFC U20 Asian Cup 2024 Qualifiers
- Tapelung: 1st Inter-Municipality Dy Mayor Women’s Cup From Falgun 21
- Ilam: MFC Darjeeling Wins Title OF 13th Pabitrahangma Women's Championship
Friendly Match: Nepal U15 Girls Team Vs Bhutan U15 Girls