India, the host nation of the prestigious AFC Women's Asian Cup, has been forced out of the competition without playing the remaining two games of the group stage.
India, in Group A of the tournament, drew 0-0 with Iran in their first match. However, in the second match of the group stage, India suffered a major blow to the home team before playing against Chinese Taipei on Sunday.
A total of 12 players of the Indian team showed corona infection. Two other players were also injured. The host nation has unfortunately dropped out of the tournament after failing to meet the criteria required by the AFC to have at least 13 players to compete in the game.
With this decision, India's first match against Iran has also become unjustified. Also, the final match of the group stage between India and China has been postponed. The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has also confirmed that India has been eliminated from the tournament.
- India Into The Semis Of SAFF Championship With A Statement Victory
- India Three Goals Up Against Maldives At The Break
- Indian Coach Chhetri: Satisfied With A 3-0 Win
- SAFF Women's Championship: India See Off Arch-Rivals Pakistan Comfortably
- SAFF Women's Championship: India Two Up Against Pakistan At The Break