FIFA has revealed the shortlist for the FIFA Puskas Award 2021, which is awarded to the best goal of the period as prescribed by FIFA.
The winner will be chosen by an international jury comprised of FIFA Legends and FIFA.com registered fans from around the world. Within the jury, each of the two groups of voters has the same electoral weight.
The candidates looking to succeed Son Hueng-Min's solo effort from last year are:
- Luis Díaz (COL): Brazil v. Colombia [CONMEBOL Copa América] (23 June 2021)
- Gauthier Hein (FRA): Chamois Niortais FC v. AJ Auxerre [Ligue 2] (10 April 2021)
- Érik Lamela (ARG): Arsenal FC v. Tottenham Hotspur FC [Premier League] (14 March 2021)
- Valentino Lazaro (AUT): Bayer 04 Leverkusen v. Borussia VfL 1900 Mönchengladbach [Bundesliga] (8 November 2020)
- Riyad Mahrez (ALG): Zimbabwe v. Algeria [CAF Africa Cup of Nations qualifying] (16 November 2020)
- Sandra Owusu-Ansah (GHA): Kumasi Sports Academy Ladies FC v. Supreme Ladies FC [Ghana Women’s Premier League] (8 May 2021)
- Vangelis Pavlidis (GRE): Willem II v. Fortuna Sittard [Eredivisie] (16 May 2021)
- Daniela Sánchez (MEX): Querétaro FC v. Atlético de San Luis [Liga MX Femenil] (16 January 2021)
- Patrik Schick (CZE): Czech Republic v. Scotland [UEFA EURO 2020] (14 June 2021)
- Mehdi Taremi (IRN): Chelsea FC v. FC Porto [UEFA Champions League] (13 April 2021)
- Caroline Weir (SCO): Manchester City WFC v. Manchester United WFC [FA Women’s Super League] (12 February 2021)