Qatar’s participation in the European Qualifiers was approved by the Asian Football Confederation as Sanchez's side will not be playing in the Final Round of the Asian Qualifiers, having secured their place in the FIFA World Cup 2022 as hosts.
“For me, this is another great step that QFA has taken to help improve our national team,” said head coach
Reigning AFC Asian Cup champions Qatar will be competing in Group A, where they will face Euro 2016 winners Portugal, Serbia, Republic of Ireland, Luxembourg and Azerbaijan, with none of their results counting towards the final standings as they are already qualified.
“We are going to play teams, not just from Asia now. This will be good preparation for us going into the World Cup.
“We have a fantastic opportunity to play against top sides and improve our game."
Sanchez to local media.
“This will help us reach the 2022 FIFA World Cup in the best possible manner by playing in European qualifiers. All these games will be exciting and interesting.
“There’s every chance we could be playing against European sides at the World Cup in 2022. We are also playing Copa America and the CONCACAF Gold Cup next year. This is good planning."
- Siraha: 3-month Long Football Training Program Kicks Off At Golbazar
- Siraha: 3-month Long Free Football Camp At Gol Bazar
- Siraha: FC Mundial, Hetauda Wins Title Of Karjanha Deputy Mayor Cup
- Siraha: FC Mundial Hetauda Vs Church Boys United Final Today
- Siraha: Church Boys United Sets Final Date With FC Mundial Hetauda In Karjanha Dy Mayor Cup