Asian Football Confederation (AFC) President Shaikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa has sent his condolences to the National Football Association of Brunei Darussalam following the untimely demise of HRH Prince Haji Abdul Azim who passed away at the age of 38 on Saturday.
The AFC President said: “I am deeply saddened to learn of the passing of HRH Prince Abdul Azim today.
“On behalf of the whole Asian football family, please accept my sincere condolences and sympathies on this great loss,” added Shaikh Salman.
The late HRH Prince Haji Abdul Azim will be laid to rest at the Royal Mausoleum in the capital today while residents of Brunei Darussalam will begin a seven-day mourning period.
The thoughts and prayers of the AFC and the rest of the Asian football community are with the NFAB, the Bruneian Royal family and the people of Brunei Darussalam during this difficult time.
- AFC Executive Committee Reiterates Commitment To Deliver 2021 Competitions
- AFC Cup Qualifiers: Tribhuwan Army FC Vs Sri Lanka Police Today
- Shaikh Salman Sends Best Wishes To Qatar & Asian Teams In FIFA Club World Cup
- AFC President Congratulates Son Heung-min On Winning FIFA Puskás Award
- Nepal Vs Australia FIFA World Cup Qualifiers Match CONFIRMED!