Asian Football Confederation (AFC) President Shaikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa has sent his condolences to the National Football Association of Brunei Darussalam following the untimely demise of HRH Prince Haji Abdul Azim who passed away at the age of 38 on Saturday.
The AFC President said: “I am deeply saddened to learn of the passing of HRH Prince Abdul Azim today.
“On behalf of the whole Asian football family, please accept my sincere condolences and sympathies on this great loss,” added Shaikh Salman.
The late HRH Prince Haji Abdul Azim will be laid to rest at the Royal Mausoleum in the capital today while residents of Brunei Darussalam will begin a seven-day mourning period.
The thoughts and prayers of the AFC and the rest of the Asian football community are with the NFAB, the Bruneian Royal family and the people of Brunei Darussalam during this difficult time.
- AFC Pays Tribute To Footballing Legend Maradona
- AFC President confident Asian football Will Emerge Stronger In 2021
- Two years to go: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ Countdown Draws Closer
- AFC Competitions Committee Approves New Competition Dates
- AFC Technical Committee Approves enhanced Grassroots Charter and Elite Youth Scheme