Six stadiums to be used for the AFC Asian Cup China 2023 are under construction, the Preparatory Office of the tournament has announced.
Six of the 10 host cities - Chongqing, Xi'an, Xiamen, Suzhou, Shanghai and Chengdu - have started building the football arenas for the tournament. Dalian and Qingdao will start their football projects in late September or early October.
Beijing's Workers' Stadium and Tianjin's Teda Football Stadium will start their transformation into professional football arenas later in 2020.
"The AFC Asian Cup China 2023 will leave us valuable legacies. Ten football arenas will be a major boost to China's football industry and infrastructure," said Shi Qiang, Secretary General of the Preparatory Office of the AFC Asian Cup China 2023.
The AFC Asian Cup China 2023 will feature 24 of the continent's best teams. It will be the second time China PR will host the continent's premier national team tournament, having hosted the 2004 edition.
Sources: xinhuanet.com, AFP
- AFC Cup Qualifiers: Bengaluru FC Vs Tribhuwan Army FC - WATCH THE MATCH LIVE !!
- AFC Executive Committee Reiterates Commitment To Deliver 2021 Competitions
- AFC Cup Qualifiers: Tribhuwan Army FC Vs Sri Lanka Police Today
- Shaikh Salman Sends Best Wishes To Qatar & Asian Teams In FIFA Club World Cup
- AFC President Congratulates Son Heung-min On Winning FIFA Puskás Award