The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) today pays special tribute to the AFC doctors and medical practitioners who continue to risk their lives to combat the COVID-19 pandemic in this latest #BreakTheChain series.
More than 100 Asian icons have joined the public awareness campaign and today, the spotlight shifts to the true heroes - battling bravely and selflessly in the front lines to ensure that their communities and loved ones remain protected and safe.
The latest #BreakTheChain video comes after the AFC President Shaikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa praised the outstanding contributions of the frontline health professionals, carers and responders.
The AFC President said: “In these uncertain times, we look to our health professionals more than ever and I am so proud at the way so many health workers, doctors, and medical personnel as well as first responders have selflessly put aside concerns for their own well-being to save the lives of others.
“In football, we are used to seeing words such as heroes or stars, but at this time the real heroes and stars are those who have worked so tirelessly to save and heal their communities and to protect their countries. These are the real-life heroes and deserve our gratitude.”
- GWC Announced As Regional Supporter and Official Logistics Provider for FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™
- AFC and AURORA Expand Pioneering Youth Development Programme Across Asia
- AFC Prez Khalifa: The Return Of Asian Competition Offers A Noble Message In The Fight Against COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID Pandemic: Former Iraq International Passes Away
- Asian Football: Football Resumes In Thailand and Vietnam