Nepal defeated higher ranked Chinese Taipei 2-0 in FIFA World Cup round 2 Qualifiers.
Anjan Bista scored both goals for Nepal.
Nepal started the match ins 4-5-1 team formation with Bimal Gharti Magar as a lone striker. Team started the match with good tempo.
They scored the opener in 5th minute through Anjan Bista. He sliced the ball home utilizing a free kick taken by Sujal Shrestha.
In 64th minute, Nepal made a fantastic move. Ravi Paswan sent a good cross to Sujal Shrestha, he set up a pass to Bista who powerfully volleyed the ball home to make the score line 2-0.
Nepal have gathered three points in two matches. There are Kuwait, Jordan, Australia and Chinese Taipei in the group.
Nepal will now travel to Canberra, Australia to take on mighty world cupper. The match is slated for October 10.
- Abhisek Rijal: We Need To Remain Positive During These Times Of Uncertainty
- ANFA Starts Prep For Upcoming Qualifiers Through Webinar
- Dasharath Stadium Gets Regular Maintenance During COVID Lockdown (VIDEO)
- Can ANFA & Nepal Internationals Take Advantage Of New Rule In Indian Super League ?
- ANFA Decides To Start National Team Training From July
Regular Maintainance At Dasharath Stadium