The 29th Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Congress, held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia today, has re-elected Shaikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa by acclamation for a second four-year term until 2023.
Shaikh Salman, whose Presidency began in May 2013, was the only candidate for the position.
There were initially three candidates confirmed by the AFC Electoral Committee following the completion of the eligibility checks on March 1, 2019.
The number was reduced following the withdrawals of HE Mohamed Khalfan Matar Saeed Al-Romaithi (UAE) and Mr. Saoud A. Aziz M A Al-Mohannadi (Qatar) – both of whom threw their full support behind Shaikh Salman.
- VAR Set For Historic Full Debut At AFC U23 Championship
- Afif and Kumagai Claim Top Honours In Dazzling AFC Annual Awards
- AFC Executive Committee Enhances Future AFC Asian Cups
- More Member Associations To Benefit From Inclusive AFC Champions League
- Nepali Journalist Wins AFC Dream Asia Award In Individual Category