India National Women's Team is holding training camp in Myanmar for up-coming AFC Olympic Women's Round 2 Qualifiers that is scheduled on April 3-9, 2019.
The team reached Myanmar on Tuesday, eight days ahead of the tournament, to acclimatize faster.
Nepal has been grouped with India, Indonesia and Myanmar in group B of the qualifiers.
"Arriving 8 days in advance for the Olympic Qualifiers will help us to acclimatize faster. It’s an early advantage which we need to cash upon. If you look at bigger tournaments, teams always arrive early.", Head Coach Maymol Rocky told AIFF.
"It usually takes two to three days for a player to fully acclimatize to a new set-up. We are confident that we shall be cent percent ready for the first match, despite the hot, and humid weather."
"In fact, International Football is not just about the weather. Arriving early will help us to get a feel of the training pitches, and also the venues. Along with the physical part, it is important get ready mentally. After all, switching to new surroundings can sometimes take time."
India lifted fifth consecutive SAFF Women's Championship title recently.
- Women's Olympic Tokyo 2020 Round 2 Qualifiers: India Beats Indonesia
- Tokyo Olympic 2020 Round 2 QFs: Myanmar Vs Nepal Today
- Nepal Women's Team Vs India Women's Team AGAIN !
- SAFF Women's Championship 2019: Dalima Chhibber Gets MVP Award
- India Clinches Fifth Consecutive SAFF Women's Championship Title