Kathmandu (GoalNepal) - A Division newcomers have signed 20-year-old Abishek Sharma with their Asian quota for the upcoming season. The club made this announcement through their newly rebranded Facebook handle.
Abishek Sharma, who bears Indian citizenship now, has represented Nepal at youth levels up to the U-17 level. He switched to India after that and is a RoundGlass Punjab FC academy product and has already represented them in the I-League.
Khumaltar have also announced Madan Subba as their assistant coach for the new season. Khumaltar have appointed experienced coach Yam Prasad Gurung as their main coach for the new season. Coach Gurung is currently in charge of Nepal's U-20 women's football team.
Khumaltar have also signed Messouke Oloumou and Stephen Binong as their statement signings as they look set to commence their first top-flight season.
Khumaltar qualified for the A Division League after finishing second in the B Division League held last year. They finished behind Church Boys United.
A Division League is kicking off on March 3 in a double round-robin format. The tie sheet of the league will be drawn on January 16. All 14 clubs have been registered for the upcoming season.
- Martyr's Memorial A Division League: Khumaltar Youth Club Starts With A Win
- Khumaltar Defeat Nepal Police Club In A Preseason Friendly
- A Division Fixtures Released, Khumaltar & Friends To Open Proceedings
- Khumaltar Release Four Players After Extension Announcements
- Rejin Subba Signs For FC Khumaltar